I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
-EDGAR ALLAN POE

Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Meanest Man in the United States...

The below is on the wall of the New York Athletic Club first floor men's room.

It reads:

"The Meanest Man
in the United States
occasionally visits this Toilet Room.
He always carries away as a souvenir, either a coat
hook, doorlock, or paper holder and often several of each.
He would take the marble slabs if they were not made fast.
We guarantee this man a warm reception
if we get hold of him.

Ford & Co.
Grand Union Hotel."

Not sure whether I enjoy the wording or just the fact that they actually had this chiseled into marble, but regardless it always gives me a chuckle when I'm in there.  No idea how it ended up in the bathroom of the Athletic Club though, would love to get to the bottom of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment